Upper Georgia Avenue Holiday Lights takes place from November 18 through January 8, and is organized by Upper Georgia Avenue Main Street.
This year, businesses within the Upper Georgia Avenue Main Street (Georgia Avenue From Eastern Avenue to Missouri Avenue NW) are invited to participate in Holiday Lights by decorating their storefronts with holiday lights—attracting residents and visitors from across the District to explore, shop, and play this holiday season.
- Participating businesses will receive an abundance of free promotion during Holiday Lights
- Upper Georgia Avenue Main Street will also be part of a citywide Holiday Lights Scavenger Hunt, which will drive residents and visitors to the corridor starting November 25.
- Residents and visitors will be casting their vote to determine which corridor in DC is best decorated – the winning corridor will be named Best Of DC.
- Free Advertising: Your business will receive free advertising for participating in Holiday Lights! You will be included in press materials sent to print, online and broadcast media outlets across the District. The event website will list your business with your address and any holiday promotional activities offered during the month of November and December. Participating businesses will be featured in the Upper Georgia Avenue newsletter and social media.
- Attract New Customers: One-third of consumers have chosen not to enter a business because it “didn’t look like a place I would normally shop.” You need to use creative methods of increasing foot traffic and attracting potential customers so that they see your business is a place for them! Participating in Holiday Lights puts you on the Holiday Lights contest ballot for residents across the District who will come to the neighborhood and check out your display. Consumers are also more likely to frequent your business if they know who you are and trust you. Being seen as active in the community builds that trust.
- Increase Customer Loyalty & Sales: Research shows that shoppers prefer to patronize businesses that are involved in their communities. BONUS: When businesses are involved with the community, customers are willing to pay slightly higher prices to buy from them. As a retailer with strong community ties, you can increase your prices and profits without driving customers away.
Register Your Business For Holiday Lights
Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Thanks for being a part of this fun community event and giving Upper Georgia Avenue Main Street the opportunity to promote your awesome business!